Thursday, February 26, 2009

My girls are getting too big too fast!

Last week Alyssa Kate went to a birthday party for her buddy Hannah and after the party I was looking at the pictures and realized that almost all of them were of Alyssa Kate and Greyson together. While there were many other children there, those two seem to stay together. They played air hockey together. It was funny to see them and remember all the times as a teenager and a college student I played that game...I can't believe I already have a child old enough to play. The party was in the children's area at our church and they have a really cool set up which includes beds of old trucks and I tried to get a picture of the two of them playing in there. When I went over there they were laying down with hands under theirs chins but of course when I made myself known they both changed their poses :)





Since Caroline started pulling up on furniture and standing up she has decided that she would rather do that than anything else. It has led to quite of few bumps on head but that does not stop her. In the last few days she has let go for a few seconds and wobbled a bit then grabbed back on to whatever she standing next to. She really enjoys cruising along the couch also. It has opened a whole new world for her to get all the things we have put out of her reach!




Caroline was born bigger than Alyssa Kate but only a little over a pound but since that time she has exploded in growth. I truly believe that God has blessed us with this tall child because it really helps our small income. The girls were born in opposite seasons and I was worried we would not be able to pass along any of Alyssa Kate's clothes. But I need not worry Caroline had been able to fit at every turn. She is 8 months old and has been wearing 12 month clothing for two months. I pulled out Alyssa Kate's 18 month clothing recently and it all will fit Caroline this summer. I will not have to buy her anything to wear...that does not mean I won't but it will be a lot less :) Today I put Caroline in a dress that Alyssa Kate wore when she was 14 months old. It is one of my all time favorites of hers, it was so funny to see Caroline in it. You will notice in the picture that Caroline's hair is up in the fountain on her head...that is because she has recently decided to take her barrettes out and eat them. Her hair is so long it hangs in her face so I had to come up with a different solution...it is pretty cute though.



1 comment:

Shelly, OTA in training said...

So cute... I can't believe Caroline is moving around so good already! She will be walking in no time. I'm so jealous of their beautiful heads of hair. That is a blessing that she was able to wear Alyssa Kate's clothes. It will really be funny one day if she passes her up!

background