Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The moments that make it all worth it!

I was cleaning the kitchen the other day and Caroline woke up from a nap. I went and got her out of her crib and put in the living room with her toys to play while I finished. I wasn't in the kitchen very long before I heard squeal's of delight, that is usually a sign of trouble i.e. the attack on tigger the cat. She had crawled to the other side of the living room and was "helping" me with the laundry.We were at mom and dads the other day to celebrate dads birthday and I got this great picture of Caroline playing with her Big Jon.








We had a storm roll through last night and it brought with it so really strong winds today. The girls and I went outside this morning to play in it and Alyssa Kate said it sounded "like a helicopter was sitting on our house". I took some pictures of them swinging together. Alyssa Kate spent quite a while swinging Caroline and as you can see they both loved it! Then Alyssa Kate wanted to swing too and thought it would be fun to sit on the swing sideways until the great hair puller struck again....being the good mom I took a picture before intervening :) Shortly after that she turned around and started swinging normally and told me "mommy put your camera down and come have fun with me and my swing". I thought that was great and I surely put my camera down and pushed her!


This afternoon I was changing the sheets on all the beds and after I did Alyssa Kate's bed I put Caroline up there so I could do hers and she would not get into the hundreds of toys she is not big enough to play with yet. When I put her on the bed she was sitting up but I guess the lovey and Alyssa Kate's nigh nigh were to appealing and she ended up laying down and sucking her thumb. I know I shouldn't think the thumb thing is cute but I really do!!!!

2 comments:

Jennifer Jackson said...

Just think, it wont be long before she will want to sleep in her big sis's bed everynight. She is getting so big so fast!

The Cornelisons said...

Doesn't Big Jon look like such a natural?! Tell Caroline if she's helping with laundry to fold them not throw them.

background