Monday, February 9, 2009

The funny things kids say!

I am always amazed how funny Alyssa Kate can be and thought I would share with you a few of our fun conversations recently.

1. We have been trying to have immediate and visible consequences for Alyssa Kate's negative behavior and last week she got mad about something in the car and took her bow off and threw it to the floorboard in the car. When she did that I told her that since she choice to throw it that she was choosing not to wear a bow for the rest of the week. That may not sound to bad but I had a plan to hammer the fact home. Having two girls we have collected many bows, some are big and some are little. Caroline usually wears the smaller ones but for the next few days I made a conscious effort to put the larger bows in her hair. I did not say anything about it to Alyssa Kate until she made a comment the first day that Caroline had one her bows in and she wanted to wear one. I told her that all of the bows belong to both of them and then reminded her about her choice and consequence. On the second day of the bow fun here is what our conversation consisted of:

Alyssa Kate: "Mommy, Caroline has one of my big bows in again, I want one"
Me: "Alyssa Kate, all of our bows are for both of you and you can not wear one today, do you remember why?"
Alyssa Kate: "Yes because I threw mine in the car but mommy come to my room please so I can show you baby Caroline's bows"

I thought it was hyserical that she might have thought I was confused about the bows and needed to show me : )

2. I was getting dressed the other day and was puting on my bra. Of course I was not doing this alone because I can do nothing alone with 3 year old and 7 month old.

Alyssa Kate: "Mommy, can you show me how to do that (referring to putting on the bra)?"
Me: "Yes, one day mommy will show you how to"
Alyssa Kate: "When?"
Me: "Well, when you chest is as big as mommy's I will teach you how to"
Alyssa Kate: pulling up her shirt "But mommy I have two of them here (pointing)"
Me: "Yes, you do but they are much to small to need a bra right now"
Alyssa Kate: " Caroline has a small chest too...but I think hers is bigger than mine"

Caroline is a little chunkier than Alyssa Kate so it is probably true that there is a size difference :) I was thinking though that I might have another ten years before they compared sizes :)

Hope you enjoy these....I know I did!



4 comments:

Shelly, OTA in training said...

That's cute. Funny how our kids think they are smarter than us already! Kaleigh also wants to wear a bra and pantiliners. I keep telling her it's nothing to look forward to.

Meagan-Marie said...

Too funny!! I bet you will have even more interesting conversations to look forward too!

The Cornelisons said...

Oh the joys of girls...oh wait - I wouldn't know anything about that! :) Maybe this is why I don't have girls, I would not have been able to keep a straight face if my 3 year old asked me to wear a bra.

The Nelson Family said...

Very funny! I love hearing all the cute things that people's kids say. But the "bra" comments is definitely one of the funniest things I've heard. Your girls are too cute!

background