Sunday, February 15, 2009

A not so free Valentine's and a standing baby

Friday night Wes and I went out for Valentine's Day because I was working on Saturday. We were very excited because not only did we have a gift card to eat at Macaroni Grill but I had also won two free tickets to the Arkansas Symphony Orchestra production that by calling into a radio station a few weeks ago. We were going to have a really good free night! When we got to Macaroni Grill it was going to over an hour wait to be seated and that would only give us 30 minutes to eat before the symphony started. That was not going to work so we decided to go downtown and eat somewhere close to the where the show would be. We went to a restaurant right down the street and had some very yummy sushi! We were really having a good time talking about everything from law school, the girls, buying a house and even starting a restaurant. I looked at my watch to see how much time we had eventually and it was actually 5 minutes after the Symphony was scheduled to start. We were not finished with dinner and decided that we were having such a good time together talking that we would not go and find somewhere to get some dessert. After a very delicious dessert we drove home and spent time with Caroline who happened to be a awake. We realized how much we had missed just talking and spending time together. It was definitely worth giving up the free night to have quality time together!

I work only two days a week and I know that so many other mommies have to work much more but I really miss my my girls when I am away. Caroline though made my day today by waiting to until I got home to pull up to a standing position for the first time. She has been crawling to furniture recently and trying but had not figured it out yet. Tonight though she crawled over to a rocking chair and just pulled up like she has been doing it for years. Here is the sequence:

I thought it would be fun to put a picture of Alyssa Kate and Caroline the first times they both stood up. I looked at the date and it turns out they were both 8 months old.



3 comments:

Jennifer Jackson said...

I am glad you guys had a great time. Sometimes we don't get to do the things planned, but it all usually works out. Caroline is getting so big and learning so fast. She will be walking before you know it. I am glad you get to be home with her more now. She will love it too!

The Cornelisons said...

Us working mommies know how much we miss our babies, even if it's just 2 days a week :) That's 2 days you're not at home with them. Your pictures make me think of David (AKA Alyssa Kate) and Goliath (AKA Caroline). Let the fun begin with pulling up and soon WALKING!!!!!!!!!

Melissa said...

Alyssa Kate looks like a newborn compared to Caroline at 8 months! I bet she's aboutthe same size as Nora already! Can't wait to see you guys in a little over a month!

background