Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Warm day, Lots of play!

Today was one of those fantastic Arkansas days where it should be 4o degrees outside and it is 70. The girls and I tried to spend as much time outside as we could, considering tomorrow it will be in the 40's again. Caroline can not walk yet so she spends a lot of time in one of two swings in the yard to keep her from eating things on the ground. She loves the green swing because it is suspended from a tree and has a huge swing girth.
When Alyssa Kate was 6 months old we figured out that we had already taken about 1,000 pictures of her since her birth (I know it is ridiculous) well so by saying that the girl knows a thing or two about getting her picture taken. While we were outside today she told me she wanted me to take a picture of her with this tree and when I turned around she was already posing like this. It cracked me up! We have created a monster :)
To cap off our day of fun outside we went over to play with Alyssa Kate's best buddy Greyson. We took the kids to a park in their neighborhood. Alyssa Kate and Greyson fight like brother and sister but like a brother and sister love spending time together and have fun doing just about anything. While swinging they would just look at each other and crack up. I love that their are such good friends!

There was this see-saw that they could stand on and we were sure that Greyson would surely launch my skinny girl across the park. They may only be 8 months apart in age but he almost 15 pounds heavier than her but some how with his bouncing she held on....that's my girl!
I also just have to throw this in because I thought it was too cute of Alisa and Greyson. This bar has a step and you stand on it and spin, well Alisa climbed on there and they had too much fun. Greyson was quite dizzy though afterwards and could not walk straight.

2 comments:

The Cornelisons said...

I am awesome for doing the dizzy dummy with my child - you should have done it too and not taken a picture of me looking super awesome :)

amy said...

Good day to enjoy the nice weather. Makes you itch for Spring. You got some really cute pictures of the kiddos and Alisa having fun. Many more park days quickly approaching!

background