Wednesday, March 4, 2009

A very busy day!

Today was one of the most interesting days! My best friend Alisa went back to work after 8 weeks on maternity leave and her little man Griffin got to come and play with the girls and I! He will come three times a week for at least the next 4 weeks. All I know is I have a new appreciation for those who have their babies very close together. Having two babies taking bottles at the same time was probably our biggest obstacle. All in all it was good day. I don't know how mothers of more than two children split their time though. I felt all day that I was not paying attention to one of them and felt guilty about that. Alyssa Kate loved having another baby in the house and Caroline thought he was her personal play toy, I had to watch her very carefully! Griffin is such a sweet little boy who makes me want a little boy very much!!! We had a busy morning but the afternoon proved to be the most fun. Caroline has been battling ear infections for the past 4 weeks, through 2 different antibiotics, and started yesterday with the same symptoms all over again. Alyssa Kate has never had an ear infection so this is new frontier for us. It is so frustrating because she seems to get over it and then catches another cold and that goes to her ears. I called this morning to see what our pediatrician wanted us to do and she said to come in. So, I took all three kids to the pediatricians office after they woke up from naps. I got many interesting looks from people with my 3 year old, 8 month old and 8 weeks old. I got quite a few "bless your heart" comments also from passersby :) I am sure we were a sight :) I told Alyssa Kate that Griffin would be back tomorrow and she said that she wanted him to be her baby brother like he was Greysons. I took that as a good sign that although that day was busy and at times tricky we did a pretty good job.

1 comment:

Jennifer Jackson said...

You are brave! I watched DJ's niece (who is 9 months younger than Hannah) and that was so hard. I am glad that Hannah is much older now we are having Trey. But, you are so good with two; three shouldn't be too much of a problem for you!

background