Friday, February 13, 2009

Valentine's Day



This year for Valentine's Day I thought it would be fun to make cards for some of our family. I was unaware that this would end up being a four day affair. I am not sure how a preschool teacher gets 8 kids to do a simple project all at one time. Between chasing Caroline and redirecting a 3 year old who wants to do 14 things at one time it became a marathon craft project rather than a short run. We made Valentines with Caroline and Alyssa Kate's hand prints that we turned into flowers for the grandparents. For the other family members Alyssa Kate used crayons, stickers and scissors.
Yesterday was a beautiful day so I moved the craft operation outside. The girls loved it and it was nice to get some fresh air. Alyssa Kate is trying to learn to use her scissors. Any suggestions on helping her hold them the right way or will it all just work itself out?

Today I put the girls in a couple of Valentine shirts I got them because tomorrow I will have to work and wouldn't get to see them wear them. I took about 12 pictures of them together and just had to settle for this one. Trying to take a picture of a 3 year old and wiggly 7 month old is a trip!One more pictures- For her birthday Alyssa Kate got a leotard from her Aunt Kathryn and she wore it yesterday for 2 hours. My favorite part was the Tinkerbell sock and Cinderella shoes!

No comments:

background