Wednesday, March 18, 2009

What was I thinking? :)

Every year I take Alyssa Kate to Wye Mountain to take pictures with the daffodils. Last year I had an idyllic visions of her and her soon to come baby sister (in their matching outfits of course) taking breathtaking pictures together. WELL, then there was yesterday. I work weekends now so I needed to go during the week. I knew I needed someone to go with me because it would be hard to get their attention and take the pictures. For some reason yesterday I got the brilliant idea to go by myself at the spur of the moment, at nap time, after leaving Jon and Ashley's house visiting big Jake. I am not a spontaneous person, I usually plan something out until it is not fun for me anymore but for some reason yesterday I was living on the edge :) So when I got there they were both sleeping, despite the short nap they were both in good moods. Alyssa Kate loves to run in the daffodils and apparently Caroline loves to eat them. I hope that daffodils ingestion does not cause any long term damage because I am sure she probably ate at least parts of 6 of them. That does not include the pounds of grass she attempted to shove in her mouth. Most of the pictures I have them together Caroline is putting something in her mouth and Alyssa Kate is attempting to take it out. I also have never been so wholeheartedly ignored by two people than by them when I wanted them to look at me :) It was a nice warm day but by the end of our wrestling match I was worn out and HOT :)
Yummy daffodils!

All in all we ended up with some cute ones. Next year though I am definitely taking some one with me :)

3 comments:

Jennifer Jackson said...

Very cute! I think they are going to grow up being best friends! You can just tell by the pictures and the way Alyssa Kate is around her baby sister. Precious!

Lisa said...

Precious pics! I am so glad you didn't plan the heck out of it and you just did it! That, by the way, is how I tend to live...just doing it...I should learn how to plan more. The girls are so beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

Amber said...

Those pictures turned out so cute...I'm loving their matching outfits! Looks like the kids had fun, even though mommy was HOT! Way to go on just doing something on a whim!

background