Thursday, March 12, 2009

I AM AN AUNT!!!!!

Today I became an Aunt for the first time to the cutest little boy, Jacob "Jake" Michael Sumners. He was born at 9:14 am with one push (way to go Ashley) and weighs 7 lbs 4 oz, 21 inches long. He is of course very handsome and I can also tell he will be very smart and successful :) He has the Sumners nose and Ashley's big toes :) Jonathan and Ashley are exhausted but doing great! Alyssa Kate got to hold him this afternoon and told him that she loved him. When we got home she told Wes she held her baby brother today :) We are in Arkansas afterall :) We did not let Caroline get too close to him because she likes to "pat" baby heads a little too rough but I did get a cute picture of Mom with all of her grandbabies :)


I know this has nothing to do with being an Aunt but I have to include it. Alyssa Kate has wanted a scooter for a while and I found one for $7 yesterday at Duck Duck Goose so I couldn't pass it up. Last night she put on all of her safety gear and because it was raining and 35 degrees outside she rode it around the kitchen. I thought it was hilarious that she was so "protected" in our small kitchen. It is not cool when your mom is a pediatric nurse :)

2 comments:

Amber said...

What great pictures of baby Jake! Love the one with your mom with all her grandchildren! Alyssa Kate will learn to love wearing all that protection....Ethan asks to wear his helmet all the time!

www.thepowellfamilylife.blogspot.com

Jennifer Jackson said...

It is good to have safety first! Even if it is in your kitchen. She looks so grown up in all her safety gear!

background