Sunday, May 10, 2009

Caroline is walking!

Caroline took her first steps Friday at her Mawmaw and Pawpaw's house. This is fitting because Alyssa Kate took her first steps at Mimi and Pop's house :) I have been out of commission for the past few days because I hurt my back and was unable to take care of them by myself. My MD told me to wear a sling on my left arm at all times to allow that side of my back to heal. This posses many issues as you can imagine taking care of my girls especially Caroline. When I hurt my back Mom took off that day to help with the girls, then Alisa took off a day, then my mother-in-law, Linda, took off Friday to help. I could not have made it without all their help! The girls spent the night Friday at Linda's and most of Saturday also so I could take my muscle relaxers and rest. I could not go to work because of all of this but there were some good things that came out of this. I was able to go to church with the girls this morning and took Alyssa Kate to big church with me. She did pretty well, we only had a little drama when the hymnal feel on her foot and the corner jabbed the top. It left a bruise and she let out a good yelp that most people in the sanctuary seem to hear...it was precious :) At the end of service Dr. Chesser was praying and I guess Alyssa Kate thought it was slightly winded because she asked me "why are you praying so hard momma" :) It is very difficult to keep praying without laughing after that!
Back to Caroline walking...last night we took 4 1/2 minutes of video to get her to take two steps in a row :) Tonight I bribed Caroline with my cell phone to get some pictures of her walking, then Alyssa Kate got into the act and bribed her too.






It is so hard to believe that my baby is walking and will be one in a little over a month. How did it go so fast?

1 comment:

Amber said...

Yeah for Caroline! Those are such special memories of our babies! I came to your mom's house at her yard sale last weekend and saw Alisa! Cute pictures of the girls!

background