Monday, January 26, 2009

Alyssa Kate's 3rd Birthday

Saturday we had Alyssa Kate's 3rd birthday party. Dora is her obsession right now so that was an easy theme choice. I made star cupcakes (like Dora's explorer stars) and an extra cake because you can never have too much cake. This is the first year that we invited a few kids her age to the our party. They all got to decorate a backpack (like Dora carries) which they later used to catch candy from the pinata.
The Dora pinata had strings on the bottom for the kids to pull, we decided not to let them swing a bat at the pinata because I figured they would be more likely to hit each other than Dora :) They all seem to have a really good time and that night before be Alyssa Kate told me "I really liked my birfday party today mommy" and that made it all worth it!!!

No comments:

background