Tuesday, July 19, 2011

San Antonio Part II

Saturday we celebrated my Great Uncle Jim's 90th birthday party. It was a great time reconnecting with my dads extended family. My grandfather (dad's father) died when he was 13 and his uncle Jim stepped in and helped his mom take care of business and transition into single motherhood.



This is the view from our hotel room...it was such a nice place


Uncle Jim (birthday boy), Aunt Jeanne (my grandmothers sister), who have been married for 67 years and my dad and his sister Marilyn.



Aunt Jeanne sneaking cookies



Alyssa Kate and Caroline eating with their second cousins, once removed.









My girls helping Uncle Jim take off his candles



Uncle Jim and Aunt Jeanne with their four kids (Spark, Craig, Cathy and John) and my dad and Aunt Marilyn



My parents, Jim, Jeanne and the girls






1 comment:

Mimi's Musings said...

Now you have gone and done it...Just reading your posts and looking at the photos, my heart is full of love for all of these amazing people and mostly for you and your girls!

background