Thursday, June 3, 2010

The Pool

To say that I am a fan of the pool is a huge understatement! Growing up I was like a fish and spent most of my summers swimming. Some of my favorite memories are of swimming with my friends and family. I don't know what it is but wading in the water is very calming for me. We were so blessed to be able to purchase this home in a neighborhood we love. One of the best perks, to me, has been the prospect of the great neighborhood pool. This week, the girls and I were able to go for the first time. It takes less than one minute to drive there from our house and that is definitely a commute I can handle! The pool is great, with a fun little kid area and a huge big kid area that the girls and I wade over to occasionally so mommy can be completely submerged. I know saying that a pool is a blessing from God sounds trivial but it literally makes me happy to be in the warm sun surrounded by water.



Searching for the perfect wave :)



Splashing is fun





I thought this was a funny picture

3 comments:

Nitzia said...

how much fun!! kids love water, pools, icecream, snow cones... all the good stuff that summer time brings:) good memories! im so glad you have this great pool in your new neighborhood.

The Nelson Family said...

How much fun!! The girls look like they are loving it!
Also - congrats to Wes - and your whole family for that matter - on graduating!! That's awesome!! What an accomplishment! Did not know about the berets. That is so great. Did he get to keep it? And you look super cute in that green dress!

amy said...

Oh I totally agree with you! This just gives you one more fun thing to do with the girls this summer. They look like they are having a ball too! Glad it's right by your house. Then you don't have to feel bad if it's just a quick visit, you can go home and grab lunch, and no falling asleep in the car on the way home! ;)

background